Thursday, June 3, 2010

Finish line is in sight now

Today is treatment 9 or 12 on this med. I am sprinting away toward the finish line right now. It has been 17 weeks so far in chemo. I am amazed at how far I have come and will be amazed again when this is all said and done. Talked to the doc yesterday about the plan here in a few weeks when I am done. I have to go have a radiation consult next week to see if that is needed. Unless there is a really good reason or it dramatically lessens my reoccurance rate then....sorry fellas I am done! I have allready decided if this came back I want the girls gone! I will rebuild some new and way better ones with the extra weight I carry in my butt and stomach. (That is why its still there....I really wanted it there just in case) :)
When chemo is over I will have a month off (if I don't do the radiation) and then start tamoxifin (an estrogen blocker) it too will have a nice array of menapause like side effects. I will be checked every 3 months for the next two years and once that bill of health continues to be clean...every 4 to 6 months till the good old 5 year mark. Then every year after that...I am guessing forever. I am also going to get a ridiculously expensive genetic test to see if I am a carrier of gene that is linked with certain cancers. The guess is no (because the family history) but if it was yes then my family members can be tested and do preventative measures if they too were positive. I could also do some other things to prevent future reoccurances.
Overall things are looking wonderful 3 more weeks and this too will be a ride I will never forget! I started a book that I am calling A Year of thanks. Each day I write one thing that I am thankful for (never the same thing too) It is worth a try you would be surprised at what just looking one positive thing will do for you. Try it!
Better go sneak a run in before I go this morning...Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment