Monday, June 21, 2010

Friday Fun

Oh boy where do I begin....This weekend was a strange one. Let's just hit the highlights...
First, on Friday we decided to take our turn having a party for the World Cup. We have been rotating through everyone's house since it is a month long. Fine, normally, but as I am sitting at dance class I discover that we have 2 performances on Friday, one in the early afternoon and one at the exact time our party begins. Great, now Bald Woman needs to kick it into overdrive today. The great effects of chemo brain have struck again. I could have sworn it was Saturday... Oh well it will just take a bit of skill in planning it out right! The performances are only a half hour-ish so, "I've got this" I thought to myself. Well then, as if to up the ante, the radiation doc wants to do their 2 hour mapping thing they do prior to radiation. "Of course I can come in first thing" I said clinching my teeth but still smiling. In my head I run down the plan of the day. Drop of kids at in-laws, go to doctor, swing by in-laws grab kids, off to dance performance, go home and feed them, make food for party, clean up house, head off to performance (right when they all start to arrive), and then watch the performance and be back before half time. Sounds like a great well organized plan... right???? Well, we know it wouldn't be on here if it worked so here is how it really went.....

1. Go to doctor (I was drawn on like I was getting plastic surgery with the wonderful black marker that takes forever to come off. Then I got 4 tiny tattoos for the radiation..what a science that is. To make it even better the shirt I had on was a tank top so the BIG marker box drawn on my chest looked great to go in public. Lucky for me they finished early and I ran home across town to attempt to find a shirt to cover it up.)
Doctor....check!

2. Go to performance (To my shock this went pretty good. She danced and the seniors at the Senior Life Show all loved the 2 to 5 year olds dancing to "Single Ladies" No breakout stage mom moments for me either!!!
Performance 1....check (feeling good at this point)

3. Feed Kids (That is just funny to type because they only want to eat things I think they know we don't have. I think it is a joke that someone plays on me each day. They settled for a sandwich and some fish crackers and only after going 2 rounds today...things must be shaping up....yeah right!)
Feed kids...check and check! (OYB)

4. Prep food and clean up (I decided to make some easy recipes so I would not have to take too much time.....3 hours later food is done and house is picked up, twice.)
Food and clean up.....check (getting slower now and less smiley)

5. Hello guests, goodbye guests (off to the performance...Well sort of. Because my long list of activities during the day I left about 15 min late. This should have been fine for me to barely make it because I knew exactly where I was going...NOPE I was wrong. Not only was I wrong I had no idea where I was supposed to be. Chemo brain strikes again! I drive around the east side trying to think of something that will remind me of where we are supposed to be...finally I figure it out. It must have been the people standing outside the mission that were staring at me thinking I was crazy just driving by fifty times that made me think a bit quicker. Turns out it was right next to one of my old work sites....go figure! Then the fun started...I was 15 min late from the time it was supposed to begin. I ran in carrying my 2 year old completely out of breath hanging on to the hope that she was the last dance number so I may still make it. Much to my amazement when I walk in barley able to breathe there was hardly anyone there. I look around and see the girls from the show and follow them to the back dressing room. Confused I ask what is going on. Well we are running 25 or 30 min late. Oh good I thought. NOPE AGAIN!!! This was the JUNETEENTH event and she said it never starts on time. All I could think in my head was that this doesn't sound good! To make things even better they had a fashion show and awards they they so kindly spaced between each dance number....She, the organizer or person in charge would be the better title, told me they should be done by 8! The dance teachers had no clue that they would be setting it up this way either. So.....we watched a very interesting fashion show with large hats and church gear, listened to some great people get some awards for something, and watched our performers go up one by one (mine being.... DEAD LAST)! Oh it was good times at Juneteenth...think I will go again next year! Finally, go back to the party at about 8:00 and tried to be social when my body just was screaming at me that it was not happy with me. I calmed it down by having a nice glass of wine and went to bed around midnight!

The funniest part of this story is that this was only on FRIDAY!!!!! I still had 2 more jam packed days to get through! And they say I have cancer too????? Who knew??

No comments:

Post a Comment