Thursday, June 3, 2010

Why

I am angry and sad right now. I am not sure what else I can do except post it here for the world to see. I just heard that cancer has taken another person from this world today. I am sick and tired of hearing stories of people leaving this earth because of a horrible disease. it is not fair, not right, and shouldn't still be happening. I think I am so upset because it makes this disease seem much more real and powerful to me. I have been very lucky that I have been able to fight hard and have almost won this battle. I just feel so out of control right now. It seems as if we are all out of control and those who don't believe that are fooling themselves. My grandfather had lung cancer and for those who knew him...not a big shocker because he smoked for 60 years. There are others who smoke just as much who are spared of this. Then there is breast cancer what a bunch of crap this is families are riddled with this in there genes and they still get a 50/50 shot at picking up the gene. I have no history anywhere, too young, and did all the "things" they say to do to lower your risk and BOOM... here is your cancer. I am just as 50/50 as the next guy. I am so sorry for my friends loss, my grandfather, and another friend who lost her mother a few months ago. I am just sad now that people are having to deal with this too often. I am thankful it is me and not another (this is not the first time I have said this and won't be the last) Cancer is easier to go through than to watch I promise. Well maybe easy is not the word I am looking for but tolerable...I am scared today not about what I am doing at the moment but what I am fighting. I am like an ant battling a person. I am confident that I will win this battle and ninety percent of the time winning is all I see....today however I was just knocked down a notch and shown the power that this stupid disease can have. It will not take me but I am sooooo sorry it took him and the others that I know. My heart hurts for their families and I pray that I can help knock this thing off our planet

No comments:

Post a Comment