Thursday, March 11, 2010

Round 3 begins

Well round three begins with some nice hits on my part.
I not only have now got myself up to and running my regular 2 mile runs again (Yeah me,) but I got the go ahead from the doc that I can do a 10K by summer and even try the half marathon (if I train right). I have to be a bit more careful and maybe run slower, but who cares. She then told me of a man with a worse cancer than I have on his low week did a triathalon. He ended up in 3rd place. Talk about inspiration!! I am super excited to start training again, what a distraction! The other good piece with that she said was running naturally stimulates bone marrow and that will help my blood counts too!
The second and probably biggest news/hit of the day was that chemo is shortened by a whole MONTH. Originally, I thought (maybe I was confused or maybe it just changed), I would have 6 rounds of the two harsh meds and then 12 weeks of a taxen family drug (which the type was undetermined at that point due to the re-test being out still at the time). Then after chemo we would go from there. NOW.....I am having 4 rounds of the Nasties (which I get every 2 weeks) and then 1 time a week doses of a way less harsh drug for 12 weeks. The second drug she said will have less nausea and vomitting or need for the meds to control them, hair will start to grow back thin (and fully when done), and will still be tired a little (no biggie). Those two rounds of nasties that are now out just pushed my completion date to JULY 1!!!! Amazzzzing news!

While in chemo yesterday, I handed out presents to the patients in the cubicals. It was a fake daisy style flower with a spoon and two hersey kisses wrapped in it. The middle schoolers made them. I wrote out 30 cards that said who it was from with a quote on the other side from Muhammad Ali "Don't count the days make the days count". How fitting for a chemo patient huh! Look at me I am still day counting (Only because those days changed though)!! They all seemed surprised and greatful for the gift. My hope is that one person that was having a rough day will have changed because of it. We are going to try and bring something everytime I go there...so we'll see what happens. No matter what it made me feel good to do something for someone else.

Really tired today, I slept about 2 hours then about 3 hours later slept another 3. I HATE these meds. They make me stay up all night and now all I am going to want to do today in the day is sleep. Pretty hard to do with a 2 year old diva and 5 year old smarty pants around! On the bright side it is only a few days of this and then back to normal. Then on the brighter side, I only have one more of this treatment left! I have to go get my favorite shot today too, uhhhh! Wow very complainy today huh! It must be because there is no sun today and it is gonna rain... oh well. A wonderful friend will be bringing me a Starbucks soon to brighten that day so...:)

Song of the Day: MJ's Man in the Mirror!! Love it and watch it 4 times a day on the DVD because my kids are obsessed. Still a good song and I wish we could all be the change we wish to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment