Saturday, March 13, 2010

Down but not out

Whew...what a crappy few days. It all started Saturday (last week) with Miley and the fever. She had a cold, virus, fever, or whatever it was for 3 or 4 days. Shocker...I got it too. I knew it would happen, but this close to the treatment day wasn't a great combo. I have been out of commission for like four days now. I hate that, but starting to feel like a person again. One day at a time and the wonderful part is this treatment only has one more time to bring me down.
I wasn't able to go to work for a few days but that didn't stop their kindness. I bought the wig (Felicity) a few weeks ago from an awesome lady, Frankie. She showed me some wigs and eased a really hard transition and I am so thankful for that. Anyway the wig got squared away thanks to my sister and two wonderful co workers. Then I get a call from a co-worker and she says that the company I work for has raised money and bought the short haired wig that I was also in love with. I am unsure who contributed to this but wish their was a way to describe how I feel. My whole life I have done things, jobs, and whatever I can to help people out when they need it. I have felt so lucky even in my times of most need that I still have something to give.
Now I am on the other side of this coin and thinking about the kindness of family, friends, and even people who don't know me that well,it brings me to tears. I am humbled by this experience, stripped of everything I once thought was important, and now am being built up again by the love of people. The acts of kindness that I was referring to earlier are being done by me and now being done for me...Talk about full circle. I am thankful to each one of these people (known or not) in the re-building of my new self. I feel lucky to have this lesson at such a young enough age that I can do something differently.
Thanks to any person that has been a part of helping myself or my family in any way big or small. Every single one of those acts of kindness are greatly appreciated more than you even know....
Now for the funnies: My lovely son was looking at my newly 100% bald head the other night. He said my "head looked like my face"...."What???" I said very confused??? Then he said, "it looks like one of the shiny heads that people have"....Still confused I just looked and asked him if he meant "bald??" He said, "yeah but it just looks like your face now" Lots of laughs and confusion here as always!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment