Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Round 2 Results: HOLLY again

Wow, that is all I have to say. Round two got a little nastier! It had some blows to the head (literally) that about knocked me out..........but you know me that is not gonna happen. I had some good punches back too though, like the recreation of Brittany's hair loss... my new wig (or cranial prosthesis-sounds cooler), Felicity is her name....and who could forget all the acting I still have left with the old Halloween wigs. Really my fun is just beginning. SO...Take that cancer your big blow to the head that usually knocks people out alot harder only phased me momentarily.

It still amazes me that one day I can barely get up off the couch and then a day or two later feel as if nothing has happened...It is very unexplainable. It really makes me feel so lazy and unmotivated at the time. I then think, maybe that is the lesson I am meant to learn in this whole process, slowing down and taking care of me. What a great lesson for real life too, if today is a bad day then tomorrow you will always wake up a start a new one. We also all have so much power over ourselves and our perception of things. When things go wrong, which they will from time to time, it really is about the way you look at it. I challenge anyone today to take your biggest problem of today and try to find something good in it....is it a lesson you need to learn, is a new way to view it, is it about someone else and their lessons to learn. It isn't easy and takes lots of practice. Just try it a few times and see how your attitude changes with it! What do you have to lose?

The cocktail lounge last week left me more tired for a day or so longer, but no headaches (thank you new meds to counter the old meds). You know finding the right balance of pain and floating head syndrome (that is the feeling i now have for a day)is an art. Maybe by the last round I will have figured it out but that is always the way isn't it!
This round was a good one but clearly the winner here is still....HOLLY!
***I know that I spell things wrong and have numerous grammatical errors but I have chemo brain and can't remember to go back and fix them. sorry!

Just another breaking newsflash: My right boob and I have been in counseling since December when it tried to kill me and I am happy to report that we are on the path to working this out. It is very hard for me to just forgive and forget what she had done but with the help of skilled professionals we may be able to get through it soon. I think she may have learned her lesson with all the scars and surgeries she now has permanently because of this attempt on my life. Just pray that we can work it out soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment