Friday, February 5, 2010

Treatment

Well the chemo begins next Thursday! Yeah! I am partially happy to just begin and get it over with!! I am also feeling like a prisoner today. I feel like my life has to stop for 6 months, but clearly it won't. I will go every two weeks and have two drugs for 6 treatments. Then I will have one drug every three weeks for 4 times. Yes that is 6 months. My tumor is going to be run again and the genes will be tested to see if I am triple or double negative. The negative means no hormones at the end and a 33% chance of recurrence. Positive means yes to hormone therapy and a 10% chance of recurrence. I am obviously hoping for the positive. No really funny comments today I think today is a reality check day. Wait I take that back....attention all people reading... I need old Halloween wigs. I have decided to embrace being bald by wearing the ugliest, craziest, and loudest wigs to work (to keep the kids laughing). If you have any mullets, afros, pink, or crazy wigs please send them my way.

2 comments:

  1. So I take it your interested in my Napoleon wig???? Ok fine but as long as it is returned in the same condition as i give it to you in! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. only if I can have the glasses and shirt too! I will totally rock that wig to school lunch!

    ReplyDelete