Thursday, February 11, 2010

C Day is here

Well the day has come along all to quick
to begin the meds that will make me sick.

I am ready but nervous and a little scared
I wonder if anyone is ever prepared.

I will sit and wait for two hours or more
so many thoughts and feelings to explore.

Like anger and rage that this has happened to me
my dreams and plans have to change you see.

You can't do this, you can't do that
I feel at times like I'm just a lab rat.

My hair is short my bodies a mess
I don't know that I can even get dressed.

Then the sadness kicks in with thoughts of my life
have I been a good mother, a friend, and a wife.

I assure you I have tried and will try harder
because this thing has made me a whole lot smarter.

In life you have to just keep moving, no matter what it brings
just know that now you are the bearer of much much greater things.

Now the feelings of great love and hope
will carry me through and help me to cope.

Hope will light even my darkest day
and bring me peace and show me the way.

Soon this will be nothing but a scar on my life, just like those all over me
a spot that will heal but never be gone changing the way I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment