Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hair isn't everything?

Well I cut my hair yesterday for the first time in 30 years. I don't hate it but it will take some getting used to and then it will probably be gone by the time I start to like it anyway. Trying not get too attached to anything like hair right now. It is super short in the back and a bit longer in the front to at least make me look more girly for a few weeks. I am really trying to keep the smile going, but today made this more of a reality. I feel like a boy with a double chin!! UHHHHHH! Why does it seem that people with short hair are more confident? (OK enough whining) Maybe it really has nothing to do with that and more to do with the fact that I am losing confidence on a daily! I have lost my hair (not even completely yet), have scars all over my body, and soon will be feeling about as well as I look. It is funny because when you think about difficulties that you have overcome in your life you wonder "how did I do that?". In every instance I have wondered that I also remember thinking that I just did what needed to be done and I am so glad I will not be doing that again :). No great secret, I just pushed through each day with the hope that the next would be a little better. I also prayed that I would be guided through each journey. I may sound a little more complainy (I know- it is my own word ok). Don't worry I am fully aware of my reasons for doing this and am not in the least second guessing what i have chosen to do, but.. The hair was hard. That just triggered this little whine session no biggie will be over it tomorrow. Everyone says they like it but really what else would they say? I am still just sticking to one day at a time and Keep moving forward and will not stray from those two phrases ever. i will keep moving please have no doubt about that but "momma says there will be days like this" (I love the musical references). "Can't nobody hold me down. Oh no. I got to keep on movin" No blog post would be complete without a quote from the music of the great P Diddy! Ha ha, see even on a down day...I still got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment