Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Port is in

Had surgery this morning to put in the port. This will make chemo easier and will not destroy my veins! I also found out what happened to change the test results. When the tumor was sent to California to be tested the computer analyzed it and spit out the results. Four doctors looked at the results and God bless the ONE who looked at it and said that doesn't look right. He didn't like the way the computer analyzed it and decided on a hunch to manually run it and give it the "human factor". When he re-ran the test it was 96% estrogen positive instead of negative. This will change my treatment for the better and gives me better odds of not having a recurrence. YEAH! Still gonna proceed with chemo...this has been a very debatable topic around here, but feel confident it my choices and doctors too. The chemo drugs will change and be better from the sounds of it...more info on that after Thursday's onc visit. I feel like only being 30 and having two little kiddos that I need to exhaust every possible thing to make this NEVER come back again. If this means no hair and being somewhat sick I will do what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment