Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Attitude is Everything

I have really learned so far in my life and especially now that MY attitude is everything. I take the time each day to be thankful for something that has happened in my day and sometimes this can be hard. It is only hard until I change my way of viewing it (you know that glass half full or empty crap-but still VERY true).

Just the other day I was thankful for my kids working lungs so they can scream and argue with each other the WHOLE day. Those are some perfectly working lungs.

I am thankful that my son is SOOOO much like my husband that they can't go 10 seconds without 'both trying to be right'. This means my son looks up to his dad so much that he needs to be JUST LIKE HIM and I married Josh.............so guessing that is good right! See what I mean all about the way you look at things.

i am also thankful that I have this cancer......wait hold the gasps........I am thankful it is me instead of being Deacon last year when his mole was removed and tested. I am thankful it is not an older relative whose body can't tolerate this like mine. I am thankful it is me and not someone with the mental attitude to KICK this disease in the A** ! (sorry if you are offended by my ** words but they help me add drama and stress parts of my story).

I am also thankful for all of you folks out there who have been supportive in so many different ways. I am thankful that I get to feel what it is like to be loved by many people and I hope and pray one day I will be able to show each of you how WONDERFUL that feels.

I am thankful for each scar that I have and the great story I have to share with each of them (you know me and my stories-love them).

Lastly (for today) I am thankful that I am so funny!! You either have it or you don't and by golly I just have it! You know sometimes I just crack myself up and I just love laughing...maybe I will be a comedian when I grow up (Josh is rolling his eyes as he is reading this I am sure because I tell him how funny I am all the time!)

Anyway.....I am done for today, so in summary: Surgery good. Laughing is great. And People are crazy. (My take on a great country song-google it if you haven't heard it) :) Peace out homies in web land!!

2 comments:

  1. Holly: I read this and it makes me thankful for the moments I have in my life. You are a great comedian and that is something that I have always enjoyed about you, your ability to laugh at yourself and make others laugh with you. Thinking of you always....you're in my thoughts and prayers. Jody :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and I will send one up for you (I know where you work!!) :)

    ReplyDelete