Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to the Grind

Well my son is officially a first grader today and I am officially another year older (as of yesterday). What a crazy 30th year I had. I expected it to be painful to turn 30 but that.....woah! 31 will be much better. As for my son, all day at school with lunch and 2 recesses....life is good for us today!

Life just has that way of going on doesn't it? Wether you want it to or not the days keep rolling. I am having an especially hard time returning to work this year. The worst part is I really love my job, but I love my kids much more. I figured by the end of summer I would be ready (like I was last year) to return to my part time job. Nope no luck. I have said many times before, I feel like a different person dropped off in my old life and trying to make the two match up again...it's harder than I thought. Believe it or not I miss the fighting, the constant taxi cab that I drove, and worrying about what to make for dinner. I hate that I am not there. I have figured out the best scenerio that I can for my hours (which are pretty flexible) and I am hoping that I will get over this as we move into the new year. Change is still hard for anyone, even someone who has been through a billion of them the last year.

I will stick to my motto of "Keep moving forward" and be hopefull that something big is waiting for me just around the corner. I will never get to the corner if I don't keep moving right....I feel it is close, but time will tell. Have a great first day back!!! (unless you never stopped) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment