Thursday, August 5, 2010

Music

Life is like a trumpet - if you don't put anything into it, you don't get anything out of it.
William Christopher Handy

Ahhh music...it soothes the soul! This, for those who do not know, really is one of my top two favorite things in life. I love to dance too, so dance music....ahhh love it! Music tells a story, reminds you of the past, or helps guide you through a difficult time in life. I can't tell you how many times I have been helped by someone else's words. No preference... just anything that moves me physically or emotionally.

Ironically, I feel this quote of the day today. It is almost as if the great quotes are speaking to me (no I am not going crazy)...LOL or maybe I am just finding meaning in EVERYTHING these days (ha ha). The more I have put into making my life more positive centered, honestly, the more fulfilled I have become. Even my everyday life with or without cancer is just happier. (This is with the exception of yesterday when I was running around town, shuttling kids, listening to them argue about who is going to tattle first, and coaching 12 soccer kiddos ages 5-7!!!) My life can get crazy...most of the time it is really....but I love it and wouldn't change a thing! Nobody...not even me... is Susy Sunshine all the time! My life has been far from easy so far (and that is the 1st 30 years :) they are supposed to be a breeze). Now my next 30 years will really allow me to have the "Better" not "Worse" part of my vows! Right??? Oh well either way...I will keep smiling, laughing, and attempting to be the "half full" girl!!! You are supposed to be the change you wish to see....

OK so round about way back to music. I heard a song the other day called "The breaths you take" (I think). Anyway, George Strait...great song. Google it!
Put in as much as you can and see what life gives you! Make some music today!

No comments:

Post a Comment