Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pray for peace

Sorry but today brings a more sobering post. Two families from my hometown have just received the most devastating news that their loved ones have passed on. Although I was not close with either, I feel their pain like it was my own. One family lost a friend, son, and father at way too young of an age. The other lost their 2 year old child to cancer. I can barely keep tears from eyes just to write about this today. I realize that we all have a plan and that when our time is up we are the one's in a better place, but it seems so unfair. As someone who has had cancer thinking about a little girl at 2 years old dealing with this....why is all I can come up with. I have a 3 year old and I can not even imagine the pain that these parents must be dealing with. I am 100% she is in a better place looking down at them but prayers today go with the parents and families of these two people. I am so sorry for each of these families losses and I pray for them just as if it was my own family. I read a blog that the mom started and the facebook page of the other and so many posts about the wonderful things that they had done. I was glad to see so many that knew them and some that didn't sharing prayers with each of these families. My prayer today is for peace for the families and the knowledge that their loved ones have changed lives around them whether we knew them well or not. It will definitely make me continue to live each and every day that I am blessed to wake up and be here like it is my last, hug my kids more than my 1000 times I already do a day, and tell each and everyone around me how they have changed my life for the better.
RIP Mackenzie Brownlee
RIP Josh McCandless
Peace be with you and your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment