Thursday, August 19, 2010

Got Cancer??

NOPE!!!!

As I am sure you could imagine this is my focus for the next few days. I will apologize now for going on about it, but so much of my life has been wrapped up in cancer that now I have to celebrate and then move on. Bigger and better things are waiting for me right around the corner. This is actually the time when it is hitting me the most (what I just endured). I think that being a survivor is great, wonderful in fact, but it is difficult to explain. I feel like a different person dumped back into my old life. I just have to re-prioritize things again and undoubtedly I view things differently. Anyone remember Office Space after he gets hypnotized???? :)
Here is the other funny part, I am not scared anymore of things. I guess it's because you have just pumped crap in your body, brushed closer to death than most, and you see your strength in action! I don't mean I want to go take crazy risks or anything like that, just not going to live life afraid to do what I want! I want to have a life full of memories to share and to leave all those around me long after I go. I am not afraid to try new things or to follow what my heart is telling me is right! NO FEAR!!!(They really should bring those shirts back!! Just kidding)

The biggest change I have seen happen is the more positive I have become in my life the more things have gone well. Attitude is everything. We are going on a nice, well deserved, and relaxing vacation on Saturday....can't wait. I am so thankful for having had cancer (OK chill out) Here is why....I have an opportunity to do what I have always wanted to do help people. What an honor. The lessons that I have now can help change a large portion of my life not just the last few years. Lastly, I am truly happier right now believe it or not!

Have a wonderful day...check out the George Strait song called "The Breaths You Take" ....really good song to help everyone remember what is important in life!!!!(I may have posted this one before, but chemo brain has got me down at the moment still)

Great quote today too.....

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
Muhammad Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment