Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sick

I've been sick this whole week and am wishing I could snap out of this thing. Lungs apparently are very important to your body and when they don't work...not good.
I hate being sick and try as much as humanly possible to ignore it when I am. This time however after pretending for three days that I was fine, I decided to go to the doctor. Respiratory infection...yuck. I like breathing so I decided to rest, drink water all day, and stay home. Mostly I did that, but it is hard for me to stop because if I don't do it...most of the time it won't get done. Oh well there is a time for everything.

I had a nice conversation the other day....

Me: "I feel like I am gonna die" (this is dramatic I know, but i just meant that I felt horrible)

Friend: "Really??" (laughter like crazy)

Me: "What?" (scrunched face wondering what was funny about that)

Friend: "Didn't you just beat cancer? That didn't take you so I don't think a cold will either." (laughing still)

Me: "Yeah but this is way worse" (laughing hysterically at my comment by this point)

Friend: (She thinks I am crazy) Shakes her head and keeps walking

It is all relative right? Sick is half mental and half actually being sick!
Today I am starting to feel better but still not great. I may try to rest today???

On another note, I am very thankful for my life today. I am still going rounds with a difficult choice, but I feel with a bit more time it will go my way! I am thankful for the people in my life that have helped me to get to where I am now and I am thankful that each of them know how much they mean to me. If I was not here tomorrow there would be no questions as to how I felt about all of them. Hug your kids, hug your parents, and tell those people that are important to you how you feel about them. Make it a day: Speak your heart day! If they were gone tomorrow would they know how you felt...give them a great gift and tell them!

No comments:

Post a Comment