Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lucky Me

Last night as I was being told for the fifteenth time that day that "I am the best mom ever" I thought....I am the luckiest mom ever. I am sure every mom thinks that but they aren't writing on blogs, I am! That means I get to tell you why I am so lucky. :)

I feel as if I have been given a second chance. I know this may sound strange because I was not KNOCKING on deaths door or anything, but compared to life last year....let's just say, I know where the house is! So with this chance to redo I have learned some valuable lessons. Some of these lessons I have been given over and over and over and over and still can't get them right.

One of these lessons is patience. I am still not great at this, but oh how I have practiced. The newest lesson that I already knew but am not great at is, 'Things are just Things'! Oh boy did I practice this one this week. Let's start with my clothes. I have spilled more on myself than I have made in my mouth. I even managed to get mascara on my shirt?? How does one do that!? Then their is my kids clothes. The cute little outfits that poured my money into have rips, stains, and most recently MARKER! I apparently have a budding artist that simply cannot contain her creativity! Then there is my furniture. I have two super cute dogs, but one is a puppy...need I say more! My yard that was once a beautifully sodded oasis is now filled with holes. Maybe they are just helping me to get the swimming pool I wanted??? Then the couch that I also poured in many hard earned dollars....let's just say we had a snow storm of couch stuffing. (NOT ONCE but THREE times!!) Then to finish this great story off that budding young 3 year old artist found a marker yesterday. She felt that her brothers room was not decorated enough and helped out by making pictures on the walls, closet doors, lamp shade, and the furniture!

Today I want to thank God for helping me learn these valuable lessons in life and ask that he please let them stop now. I get the point! I will now patiently wait for these lessons to be over!!! :)

In all honesty, in the moment I was less than thrilled at these things. Now, I swear, I think it is pretty funny. Don't tell anyone...oops too late for that! Things really are just things at the end of the day. They won't keep you company, they won't cheer you up when you have had a bad day, and they won't tell you after doing all these things that "YOU ARE THE BESTEST MOM IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD". Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment