Thursday, November 25, 2010

Holiday thoughts

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am thankful today for many reasons but one I am sure most of you will think is crazy. I am thankful for one year ago today that I found a lump that changed my life. The day before thanksgiving last year I was a normal mom, wife, and woman. I thought my life was great. I chauffeured kids, argued with them, and had what one would consider a 'typical life'. Then that day rolled around and all was changed. I have learned the most important lessons so far this year and for that, I am thankful.
I have learned in this last year how to see good in EVERY single thing that happens in life. I have learned that we are not here forever. I have learned that time stands still, drags on, and flies by all at the same time. I have learned that we as people are never satisfied with anything and always want what we don't have. I have learned that we all are connected with each other and sometimes the things we say can change lives forever. (If that is true then shouldn't we always act as if we are changing something everyday!) I also have learned that because our timeline is unclear we should make the most of each day and enjoy the journey. If we spend our whole lives worrying about the path we forget to enjoy the scenery. I have also learned that when you have no other choice you have to become a strong person. I think that the strongest people are not those who can take the most pain, but the one's who learn the most from it. If you learn something from every life experience aren't you then really living?
I am so blessed to have the most amazing family and friends that any person could ever ask for. I am also both blessed and thankful that I am able to have another day here on this earth. I know that life is constantly changing and we may never have again what we have today, but on this day let us give thanks for those who ARE here and think of the great memories of those who are not. Have happy holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment