Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mammo fun

Oh mammograms how I love thee, let me count the ways.......

1. The thing they call a gown is really not a gown at all. It is more like a piece of bad fabric with one snap button at the top. (oh,that snap will help keep you covered)

2. The fact they even give you a "gown". This is a humorous concept too. There really is no need for modesty at this point is there. I mean they have seen one and will see the other in a few short squishes....

3. The squishing....need I say more. They are squished till it takes your breath and then they say, OK HOLD YOUR BREATH....TOO FUNNY!

4. The stickers. These are for scars, moles, and a few other spots :) These are actually more painful to pull off at the end than the squishing! That must be why they do it that way. Then when people say, "oh how was the mammogram?" They say, "GREAT" (pain is all relative right?)

5. After the "girls" have been through 2 kids, surgeries, and everything else they have been subjected to...what is a few painful squishes. After all they tried to kill me, so....this is least of their ways to make it up to me. (See therapy has helped me to forgive) They are lucky they are still here! I could have traded them in for a younger model....there is still time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment