Friday, September 17, 2010

Do we hate change?

The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.
Charles Kettering

It seems as if the only thing that is constant is change??? I have obviously been through tremendous change in the last year but really at many points in my life I have been forever changed. I think it has made me a better person for each one of them.

I am in the midst of change right now. I am trying to develop a new normal now after having gone through such a tiring fight. I never once wanted to give up (I don't think....I may need to go back and read what I wrote in like March huh!?) but there were definitely those days that were more of a challenge to get through. I fought each and every day to live to see the next. Thinking about it that way seems way more dramatic than I felt actually doing it. Sometimes I wonder why people seem to think I did such an "amazing thing" or why they think I am "sooo strong". I am serious. I guess I just felt that I did what needed to be done and tried to look at the good....Is that amazing???? Maybe? I am not trying to downplay those comments or not appreciate them....It just seems as if people do this everyday you know! Now you know I LOVE the attention....so go ahead and keep them coming! I am just thinking out loud I guess!

Now that the fight is over, each day I am blessed to open my eyes feels like it should be having a bit more meaning....I am still here...why, obviously I have some mission or purpose. I am not trying to complain that I am still here but more trying to figure out the why so I can get to doing it. When I addressed that crowd the other night it felt amazing (well after it was done). I don't really remember doing it...it was like I went to auto pilot! :) When it was over there was a great response from people I knew and didn't know. My hope is that they weren't just saying nice things to be kind but that I really was able to change lives or ways of thinking. That is really what I feel I need to be doing. I guess that can be done in any setting, but it was especially gratifying to do it in such a dramatic BW fashion! I told you before the BW is much braver than I am, much more courageous, and much more "with it"! I got to incorporate everything I love music, talking, and attempting to be funny!

I know most wouldn't agree but I really think that having HAD cancer (PAST TENSE) changed me for the better. I am grateful that I got to have this chance to be that change I have been waiting to see!!!! This great change that I once hated has brought me the most progress yet?? Maybe we should not spend so much energy HATING the change rather than just being thankful for what is important. (Those things don't ever change). Establishing that makes life much more meaningful (which is great progress). Guess that guy knows what he is talking about huh???

No comments:

Post a Comment