Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Getting back up

If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.
H. G. Wells

Oh boy this one is good today. Bruised or not we dust off and get back up again. sometimes we are exhausted and don't want to keep trying. What makes us get up one time or one hundred times? What is it in each of us that says to keep going or quit? In my fight there were a billion times that I thought (in my head) that I was done. I was just going to quit.
I know more times than not I gloss over that sucky part of having cancer. The reason I do that is because the world knows all about that part. The part where you are sitting there unable to move off the couch, the times you are sicker than a long night's hangover, and pains like one will never know. Yes, everyone knows cancer sucks. You lose your hair, sometimes pride, and even some modesty. Everyone knows the horrible stories that are shared of bad doctors, medicines that have negative side effects, and even the lives that this stupid disease proclaims daily. WE KNOW this....Why do we need to focus on that part. Cancer brings people together, cancer brings new perspectives (usually for the better), and cancer brings chances over and over to practice "getting back up"! Cancer brings cool T shirts, house cleaning, and even better food! :) Why don't we relish in these things instead of pining over what it takes from us.... I am just a young kid though, right. What do I know? I am 30 year old mother of two that had a job, kids to LIVE for, and something to prove. Many people out there don't know me, but if they did I (think) they would see that I really try to live my life this way. I want to make a dent on this planet and if I can change a few perspectives along the way....wonderful. Those that don't...I am sorry now for all the pain and suffering that you will endure in your lifetime. We all will have that over and over (it is called life).....but how you choose to deal with it....that is what makes us!
When you have climbed a really big mountain and try to explain what you have seen it will never sound as wonderful as actually being there experiencing it. Each of us has to climb our own mountains and see....my hope is that you don't use your whole life to get to the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment