Friday, September 24, 2010

Friends for Newbies

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Dale Carnegie

I love this one. It is so attitude based isn't it? I am so blessed to have both of these. I have what I want and want what I have!! Here is my newest idea.....

The Friends of the Bald Woman is going to begin a group. Many of you who heard me speak the other night heard me say, we are in an "Exclusive Club" that nobody wants to join! Now that we are in it and don't have a choice, we can embrace it, right?

We are going to start linking newly diagnosed cancer patients with those of us who have "been there done that". My plan is to create a database of survivors and "newbies" (which I have already done). Then I will enter those who are interested on either side and link them up with a "Friend". The Friends will send cards, give phone calls every now and then, and if they are local to each other meet up possibly. I think there is great power in having a friend you can call that knows where your at and what you have been through. After all the "Newbies" are just waiting to become "Survivors" right?
If you know a new cancer patient or are one let me know. Same for you "old hats" please let me know if you want to be involved in this project! This is for ALL cancers and for men and women! Heck we could even link it up with children and their families! The possibilities are endless!

Spread the word....

No comments:

Post a Comment