Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kiss Cancer Goodbye

Wow! What an event last night. I went to the Kiss Cancer Goodbye event last night and had my speaking debut. The event was so well put together and came off with a bang! I had a dozen of my closest friends and family standing there supporting me and we had a great time.

The speech went pretty well. I decided to cross off #4 on the "list of things to do before my time expires" which was sing in public. I was soooo nervous it was ridiculous. Nothing a sip of champagne won't cure right!!? I got up there and did my spiel and hopefully made a few people laugh and think differently about cancer patients and survivors! The speech ended with what was supposed to be my choreographed dance number.....but the stage was not big enough. I decided to put on the beautiful mullet with my bandanna and rock out to I'm a Survivor by Destiny's Child. It was memorable for sure!! :)

I think the thing that was the best for me however was after I finished. The response from people I knew and people I didn't know. They told me about their struggles, triumphs, and humorous stories too! What it really showed me is that we are all people.....we all struggle, we all have triumphs, and we all need humor! I was honored to be the one up there sharing in that victory that each survivor in the room was feeling! My goal was to open eyes to laughter even in times that are scary and I hope that is what I was able to accomplish up there.

What a great night! Thanks to all who came!

2 comments:

  1. You so rocked it Girl!! I was so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very proud moment to watch you up there speaking, singing, and being who you are. You were a a shining star last night and every day!

    ReplyDelete