Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back to Reality

Well here is an update on the busy "back to reality" bald woman. I went to the Oncologist on Tuesday and got my Tamoxifen that I will now be taking daily for the next 5 years. I guess when I am taking meds or pumping crap or zapping this stuff is when I actually feel protected. She and I talked and I have a 17% chance of the cancer returning. Pretty great odds you might say....to me honestly...it is all 50/50. I like to think that it will never return but I will not spend my life worrying if it will because that ultimately means Cancer won the fight. If you live your life in fear of cancer you are not really living and it has won! I will think of it from time to time and then let it pass. I will continue to make each day count and let the people around me know how much I care.
I will help others and the slow start of the Friends of the Bald Woman will not stop me from doing something that NEEDS to be done. We have way too many people that have cancer and too many need help. I will help these people no matter what. I want to help some local people, help our local cancer center, and then even allot some to big time groups. We are all doing the same thing, but my goal is to take care of people here first. I have some promising leads of really big contacts but it is becoming a lot harder to do this and work and be mom and house cleaner and....whatever else.
We will have our first meeting soon to get things rolling.

Big news: I have been thinking lots about what I would most love to do with life. I really wish writing was my full time job because I really love doing this now. I also would love to talk...I know big shocker those who know me...me, talking???? I have been given the opportunity to speak at the KISS CANCER GOODBYE EVENT (they have a facebook page, check them out) I can't tell you how excited and nervous I am for this. You give me a mic and....let's just say they will probably need a hook. I am hoping to get a few more of these and maybe my speaking career will take off. :) Who knows the directions we will travel but we will be fine as long as we enjoy the ride and check out the scenery along the way!! Those in WA should come check it out...I will try to sneak in a few unexpected surprises!!
Reality is what YOU make it so if this is really what I want....YOU WILL see me on some talk show one day. Get on board now before I become famous and don't have time to meet you anymore :) I love dreams!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment