Monday, May 10, 2010

Love your MOM!

What a fantastic weekend. It was Mother's Day yesterday and I could not have asked for a more perfect day. My wonderful husband made breakfast and we worked outside in the yard on a gorgeous day. I planted some new plants and we got a yard looking more yard like!! My husband gave me the ultimate gift....he finished the fence in the back 100%! This has been an adventure in itself...but it is done and our dog can finally go to the bathroom alone! OH the little things.....
I also got a new bike which will now let us go bike riding on the trail together. I am very excited for this too!
My hard working mommy spent the entire day working at the flower shop so we took the party to her and gave her a little surprise. That was nice but I don't think she wants to see another flower again...I was going to show up with flowers (from another store) just to get a reaction....oh well next year!
I am so thankful for my mom....I am so lucky that she stayed home all those years with us kiddos eating bon bons (just kidding it was truffles)!!! As a mom now too, there is a new found appreciation for the sacrifices, the sports, the driving around, the cooking, cleaning, and other daily "chores" that she did. Nobody tells you how difficult this job can be when they are handing you this little bundle of joy. Even if they did....you wouldn't care because every second is worth it. Thank you to my mom for putting up with my arguments, my vast knowledge of life as a teen, my dancing through the stores, and my testing my sister's patients levels daily. Thanks for showing me how to be a mother, how to turn junk into treasures, and never give up on the things you want!
Feeling great but getting more tired than normal...or maybe just easier. Will push through especially because this week (Thursday) marks visit 6 which is the halfway point for the new treatment.....that means 6 more weeks and no more chemo, hello hair, and back to life (yeah like it really stopped!) Getting excited because that will be the home stretch and I am a sprinter at the end of a race!

No comments:

Post a Comment