Friday, April 9, 2010

New meds begin-Round 1

I am fighting my new fight now. New meds yesterday and 12 new rounds. Last fight certainly had it's ups and downs but I think I took it for sure. I got knocked down quite a few times but NEVER knocked out!!

Feeling ok today so far. I am tired though. the stupid nausea meds that I take after make me unable to sleep at night very well. I was up from 2am till 5am staring at the walls and trying really hard to sleep.

This new medicine made me tired yesterday but that was actually the bennedryl. It is given before the chemo drug. The new drug is called Taxol. It is believed to be was less harsh and there is only one chemo drug not two. I am glad to have the combo behind me. The dosage is 4 to 6 for the combo but she said many can't tolerate 6. $ is pleanty for me. I should have little nausea now, hair will begin to grow back, and the best news was NO MORE BONE SHOT!! As you can tell I am very excited for this to happen. I really hated that thing. I only have to take one nausea med now for one day after then as needed. I was taking up to 6 after treatment before! When I saw the doctor she said that my white blood count was needing to be above 1500 or so....mine was an "impressive" 10,000!!! I am becoming a bit anemic though. This is suspected to go away with the meds and could be accounting for some of the fatigue I have.

I went into work yesterday for an hour or so. It was a bit unexpected but I seemed fine. Hopefully I will not miss work on the chemo days now...gonna play that one day by day. Really haven't missed as many days as I anticipated for being sick. The majority of time off has been to go see a doctor or have treatment. I am taking advantage of every well day and getting as much as humanly possible done. never know when the next one will be!!

The brightest spot however of yesterday goes to my husband's work. They decided to have a fundraiser bbq and surprise him with the proceeds. They invited over 500 co-worker people to this thing. It was huge from what I hear. When he came home with this I didn't even know what to say. I felt happy, tearful, and everything else in between. I have spent 90% of my life finding ways to do these things for other people who need it. It feels amazing to give to others. To receive one of these generous acts feels almost as if God himself is patting you on the back saying, Keep on going! (can't hold these tears back right now sorry). It is not just yesterday. It is has been from the time I found out I had cancer. People I know and love have gone above and beyond what I feel they needed to do. People I don't even know have done the same. I guess at the end of the day we are all people here on this earth and I am so thankful to see people helping each other. You don't have to worry about me paying this forward either because I am already working on it as we speak.
From the bottom of my heart and through my tears of happiness thank you to any person who has done any one thing no matter how big or small. I wish there were a bigger or stronger word to use. You have touched my soul and made me look at life differently. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment