Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year with a new attitude

Well the buzz of the holiday season is now in the past. The decor is gone and organization mode is in full swing. I am now on a mission to not only organize my house but my mind too!! This is my new year's resolution. I hope it will last more than a week.
I have another resolution this year because I am such an "over-achiever"! I am going to run a full 26.2 mile marathon on June 25th. I have barely started training but have about 25 weeks to this...easy, right??! I have done a half marathon and it was tough, so I have to admit that I am a bit nervous! Oh well won't be the first or last time that I have attempted something very difficult. This race has HUGE significance for me too. It will be exactly 1 year and 1 day after my last chemo treatment! What a difference a year can make. One year you are pumping yourself full of toxic chemicals to kill things in your body. The next year, you are pumping Gatorade through your body to replace what has been lost on the run....crazy to do both really! :)
The new year brings me new mountains to climb, a new attitude, and a new opportunity to make this a memorable year.
I fully intend to make a mark this year.......so watch out world!

No comments:

Post a Comment