Monday, January 10, 2011

Balancing Act

More and more I see that life is the greatest balancing act. One tip in the wrong direction will send you flying. We are constantly trying to walk a line of balance. We often fall from it and then try and move ourselves back as quickly as we can. We don't like being off balance. I think we really internally want to balanced but do not always know where that line is. Much of what we do is trail and error to find that line. What I love the most is the uniqueness of our lines. Each of us draws our own line and decides where it is.

Think about it. We need to have pride in ourselves, but not too much. We want the line of confidence but not so much that we become arrogant. We want to become prosperous in our finances but what do we have to give up to be there. We want the perfect environment, but it is always too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. We want enough to eat but health often disagrees. We want our kids to be grateful but also want to give them everything we never had. We want to learn but don't always know how. We want to see the view from the top but often quit before we get there.

We can be a society of over indulgences and instant gratification. This may or may not be a problem for people, it depends on your own lines. To me, I am pushing my line over a bit. I am thankful for what I have instead of pining over what I don't. Just a day of reflections about what is important on my line!!! Where is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment