Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Someone else's eyes

I feel as if post-cancer I have someone else's eyes. I have really been trying to think of how to describe these thoughts and this seems to nail it on the head. I am approaching the one year mark of the day I heard those words (well kind of heard them, I was pretty medicated). I was one person this time last year and now I am someone different. I was stripped of all things and now I am doing my best to rebuild it all. Just as if a natural disaster has happened and leveled my home. I can rebuild but it will be different. You can't go back after you have been here and new normals are needed. I am finding myself caring less about the stuff and superficial things that make our world go around. I am caring more about WHAT I do with my time! This goes against so much of what the world seems to think, but I really don't care! I know how limited my time may be here and I want to do so much before it's done! In the process of revising and adding to my bucket list! I have so much to do!

I am going to a concert tonight, Carrie Underwood, who I love listening to. More than than that, I am going with my sisters and mom. The concert will be fun but the memories we will make along the way will be so much better! I may have someone else's eyes but I still have all the things that make me who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment