Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sigh of Relief

Big Sigh of relief today!

The roller coaster I have been on for the last week has finally come to an end. Last week I discovered another lump right around my scar site. I attempted to remain calm, but this is no easy feat when you have been through what I have been through in the last year.
The lump has been checked out by several wonderful doctors and it is nothing of concern. What a weight lifted off my already heavy shoulders. I am so happy about this that I am completely ignoring the fact that my wonderful puppy has destroyed my carpet. It's just stuff. It's my stuff, but whatever, i am too happy to care right now.

I really am hoping that in the next years ahead that the panic mode doesn't kick in every single time I feel something strange. I am sure it will, but it is a nice thought to think that I can remain calm. I will fight again if needed but I sure would like to refrain from chemical warfare for at least a full year!!! When I was going through cancer I would never have told anyone that it was bad. Now that I am not in the middle of it... I can see just how bad it really was and how bad I felt. I just kept in control of my outlook and everything went better than expected. I wonder if it's because I had no idea what to expect. Oh well, lessons were learned and I feel better for it. that really is all that matters! :)

Life is changing for me yet again. I can't say why just yet, but the winds of change are blowing me in a new direction. I am finally going to take my own advice and do something that I have been wanting to do. How it will all pan out....I have absolutely no idea. That, I think, is the best part. What a journey it has been so far. I have laughed, cried, been angry, and inspired. I hope that the new chapter will be filled with all of these too. I love a good story!

No comments:

Post a Comment