Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Ocean

What is it about the ocean that just calms me down. I can be having the worst day, best day, or anywhere in between but feel relaxed listening and watching the waves crash. I love the smells, sounds, and feel of that cool breeze that constantly keeps blowing. Every good vacation must come to end...that is why they call them vacations and not LIFE. Today is back to reality. The bald woman here and my lovely family went to the coast for 6 days. It was not all fun for me because part of this trip (2 days) I was working. I went to training while my husband and kids played endlessly on the beach and in the pool! Training and work barely felt like that though. I was very inspired, challenged to think, and now have returned with many new ideas on how to change the lives of teenagers! That is the main goal of any training I think, so I can actually say it was all fun I guess!

I also did something I have never done before. I went in the pool no wigs or bandanna. It was just "1/2 inch hair woman" (I can't say I am technically bald anymore...although hair or no hair I will always be "The Bald Woman") It was pretty freeing and apart from the training and one dinner the wig was off and I had a hat on. I am on my way to real hair....it has been sooooo long since I have had hair. I am ready to feel wind in it, put it in a pony tail, and curse it to death when I am headed out for the night. I want it to move faster, but one lesson thing to know about cancer is "NOTHING BUT THE CANCER MOVES FAST IN THIS CANCER WORLD" Oh well, all in good time I guess. You lovely ladies with hair be thankful! :)

Well here are the highlights of the Ocean Shores trip!!!!!!

7. Took a four mile run with a great friend right on the beach. I could run there EVERYDAY. I was not as fast as I had hoped but I DID it so I will give myself that credit! On this run we saw about 30 steps away a BALD EAGLE staring at us. It was absolutely amazing!!! Wow to nature. It was so cool to feel a part of nature with the ocean the animals and us there!

6. Sandcastle and sawdust festival. There were some super creative people creating great works of art out of nothing but a square of sand and tree. Wow. It is amazing to see art in progress!

5. Our hotel was the Lighthouse Inn and it had a lighthouse on top of it. Hearing my 2 year old call it "Our Castle" every time she referred to it was pretty funny. "Lets go home to our castle mommy" never got old.

4. Watching my son get so excited to just dig in the sand everyday and occasionally play cooperatively with his sister! They can go from best buddies to beating each other in 10 seconds flat...that is a skill!

3. Spending 3 times more money than we inteded too! This could be because of the $40 sweatshirts we had to purchase for everyone, the overpriced knick knacks, or the overpriced mediocre food (only at a few places- not all). All in the spirit of a good VACATION right!!! :)

2. Stopping 5 times on the way home for potty breaks! on one of the stops we stopped at a small store in the mountain pass. We stopped there a year and half ago after skiing. My husband wanted a drink and only had a card. The guy said it would cost more to run the card in his machine than to just give it to him. He said take it and next time you come through get it back to him. Well we stopped bought a water and suprised hime with the money for the drink he had given him plus a BUNCH of interest. He was thankful, suprised, and hopefully he knows what goes around always will come back around (even if it is years later). He did remember my husband too!

1. The group hug on the beach on the last day. We were thankful to have gone. No matter how many times those beautiful children drove us nuts with fighting, argueing, and being crazy in public we were incredibly greatful that they were ours to have had this great adventure.

I can't call myself cancer free or a survivor yet because the last leg of the journey begins in 45 minutes, but I am thankful to be hear EACH and EVERY day. That will never change no matter if I have cancer or not! Love the life you have and you will have a life to love!!!! Forgot who said it and it may not be exact, but you get the idea!!! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment