Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Battles Continue

Yesterday at the gym I was talking with another lady that works as a volunteer at the cancer center. She and I were talking about the programs they have to offer. I suggested a class or group for women in their 30's or younger. For me it would have been nice to not only know there were others this young out there but connect with them because of similar life experiences. Maybe I will do this as a class. I would like to start the charity, but am having difficulties understanding the setup and paperwork piece. I have so many things to do and a short window....guess that is better than nothing to do and tons of time, right?

On a different note, the battles here continue to roll on. Parenting reminds of a great battle. There are ups and downs, stratigical thinking, and sneak attacks. It is a battle of wills and power. There is no winner or loser but we dance through each day trading rolls of the "lead".
I took my 2 year old to dance last night. Sometimes I wonder if it is for me or for her. She is hit and miss on her listening and sometimes she just stands there staring....Then, just when I am ready to say OK let's try this again at another time...she busts out at home with the moves they have been working on in class. I am wondering if this is just power for her? Everyone that knows this little 2 year old diva knows she loves to be in charge. She knows every button to make me crazy. Is that what "good parenting" is knowing the buttons they push and getting through it without going crazy?
My son hits the argue button daily many many times and I am pretty close to going crazy with that one. His new thing is telling me how many years till he drives, it is 10 by the way. I think this is a new weapon on behalf of the kids. It is like their version of psychological warfare. I don't want to think about him growing up like that....AHHHHH! IN the great battle between bald woman (me) and the little people (them) I think I am losing currently, but that is the beauty of this great battle (otherwise known as PARENTING) it goes up and down constantly. I could be back on top as soon as I flash a cookie! This is one battle I would never want to miss a second of. This must be good preparation for the most difficult piece of the battle....The TEEN years!

No comments:

Post a Comment