Thursday, December 6, 2012

Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it.
Irving Berlin

This is not my first time posting this quote but each time I have seen it come through it has been at a moment when it was needed. Today I needed to see this advice and as if by another random accident I have a picture that fits perfectly to go with it. Really thinking there are no "accidents" in life.  Here is the pic.....


This pic today reminded me that even in our darkest days of life there is ALWAYS beauty around us!! Our reactions to things really are 90% of life. I am in dark days right now from my life's twists and turns and seeing this pic today helped me to realize that there really can be beauty NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOUR WAY!
As we approach Christmas this year we always think of ways to help others. Many  adopt families, participate in toy drives, and help those in need. This is wonderful but today think about doing something no matter how small for someone in one of those "thankless" type jobs. Make a sign and treat and attach it to your trash can for the trash guys to have. Give your bus driver a Starbucks card. Dump the trash for your janitor today and leave a little treat saying thank you.  Just think about those who work hard each day to get through life and give them a chance to see their rainbow! Just a thought on my next project....documenting these random acts. If you do something nice for someone else send me an email (hollyb@friendsofthebaldwoman.com) or post under here. I would like to feature them on the fb page or even create a book with all ideas to share and inspire those around us to think of others and bring smiles to each person we meet! Have a wonderful day and don't forget to share those moments with us here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment