Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dear Cancer

Dear Cancer
Today I want to thank you. This thanks is for officially ruining my life. I am no longer the same person as was before that day you barged into my life. I am not the same time obsessed young adult trying to climb every ladder possible. I now spend my days thinking about others and how I can try to give them ladders to climb. Thanks alot for the fear that you have now permanently instilled into my brain and the thoughts that each day needs to be lived to the fullest because it could be my last. I am also so grateful for the side effects of the latest and greatest poisons in which I used to get rid of you. You take lives on a daily basis. You turn families upside down and make them worry when it is the last thing they need to do.
You have taken so much from me. You took my hair, my pride, my carefree life, and part of my body. You have left me with scars and memories of the time that we spent battling. That, I will never forget.
You may be strong, you may have power, and you may even take my life one day BUT you will not win. Not ever. I will fight every single day to keep you out of my life and I will not EVER let you take what makes me who I am. You can have my hair, you can have my pride, and you can have any body part you want. When you turned my life upside down you actually made it better. You gave me something that I am sure you didn't realize....Strength! The anger you caused my family is now nothing but fuel for my fight. The things you took from me are now my fire to help others fight. The things I lost will never be returned, but what I took from you was far more than you got from me!
Thanks,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment